HEAD OF THE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Milrem Robotics has an opening for the HEAD OF THE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT whose main task will be to lead a team of approximately 55 high-qualified software specialists. Your task will be to stay up to date with innovative technology developments in the industry, analyse their application possibilities in product development, and define strategies and key principles for achieving company goals. You are responsible for leading SW development and delivery functions to ensure efficiency and consistency in software delivery processes and execution. You guarantee that teams in the SW department deliver high-quality, timely SW to meet business objectives. You lead strategic initiatives to drive organizational efficiencies to meet business and shareholder needs. You will also be involved in the process of drafting the technical requirements based on the needs of the clients (defence and civil sector organizations).
In short, we need an outstanding leader, who is self-driven, solution-oriented and takes pride in taking accountability.
Expectations for the candidate:
- strong management and technical background with a proven record of delivering innovation;
- exemplary leadership and people skills with the ability to get your team excited about your vision;
- at least 5 years of team management experience and readiness to take responsibility for Milrem Robotics’ biggest department’s work;
- passion and experience in leading software development, preferably for in-house hardware and robotic solutions in an international company;
- proven track record in communicating technical issues and business impact to senior executives;
- higher technical education (computer systems, software development, robotics, etc.);
- readiness to work in the company’s Tallinn office;
- excellent spoken and written English skills.
- the opportunity to be visionary of the ground robotics software solutions globally;
- self-development opportunities in an ambitious Estonian company with great colleagues who believe in the potential of the high-tech industry in Estonia;
- the opportunity to engage in exciting international projects with world-leading technology companies;
- the opportunity to use cutting-edge applications of autonomous navigation technology in their work and to participate in the development of the company’s own product.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Early actions are recommended, fulfilling the position will begin once suitable person(s) have been identified.
If you have any additional questions, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.